As the name suggests, the runHub, is the hub for all things running and here you will:
- Mandatory gear check – required prior to picking up your race number
- Register for your event and pick up your race pack and race number
- Mandatory race briefings
- Access to first aid and toilets
- Race presentations
Enjoy ambient music at the runHub and MCs, with live music after the presentations. The runHub enjoys an excellent view of kunanyi, which you can take in while enjoying hearty food and drinks that will be available to buy. It's planned to be licenced and will feature some classic Tasmanian beverages.
There is also a cool hangout and recovery area, complete with fire pits. There's a playground and the park is dog-friendly, so support crew can bring the kids and the pups out for an adventure!
We have plenty of activities (a mix of free and paid) running through the days to keep everyone occupied, including:
- palawa cultural activities, including an Acknowledgement of Country and pre-race smoking ceremonies with the pakana kanaplila dancers
- Expo with lots of great trail running gear from Find Your Feet
- Expo stalls from Bushcare, Wildcare, Landcare, Bush Adventures and List the Mountain
- Physios from Kieser Hobart
- Terrapin puppet theatre roving performance
- Face and body painting
Friday, 8th April 2022:
- runHub open from 4pm – check-in (ultra & 27km only), gear checks, food and beverages.
- 6pm – Welcome to Country followed by mandatory Ultra solo and relay briefing (ALL Ultra entrants MUST register Friday evening)
Saturday, 9th April 2022:
- runHub open from 5am - check-in (27km only), activities from 10am
- 6am start – 68km Ultra Solo
- 7am start – 68km Ultra Relay
- 9am start – 27km Mountain Run
- Midnight – all runners in and runHub closed
Sunday, 10th April 2022:
Cultural Program Events:
At the kunanyi Mountain Run 2022 there are a selection of walks, talks, tours and workshops to choose from.